About this blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Mission


At the Chapel of the Divine Word Seminary in Tagaytay, a city 2 hours south of Manila. The seminary, according to its ever reliable Wikipedia entry, is one of the biggest schools of theology in Southeast Asia in terms of number of students. It is run by the Divine Word Missionaries, or more populary known as the Society of the Divine Word. That fellow on the portrait is Saint Arnold Janssen, the founder of the Divine Word Missionaries. Right now, the Missionaries are active in 70 countries all over the world.

2 comments:

Hilda said...

Whee! You're in CDP! Welcome, Mia! I hope you enjoy the community as much as I do. People there are so supportive, it's wonderful. I doubt if I would have continued long without them.

I've never been here ever. The stained glass windows are pretty, and that ceiling looks like it must be great for acoustics.

mia said...

Yay!!! Thanks Ma'am Hilda! I love love love checking out the blogs there. It's like I get to travel the world without leaving my seat! And it makes me see things in a different way :) See you around the community! :)