About this blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Chanteuse


The foundation in which I work regularly holds music and arts events. The staff members who volunteer at these events, of course, get to attend these events for free. One of the events was the Philippine Jazz Festival, held recently at the Ayala Museum (I must say, we've had some rather eccentric guests at these events, but at least they make the parties a lot more interesting).

Mishka Adams alone made the two hours of standing and ushering the guests completely worth it. Mishka is a half Filipino half British jazz singer and her voice reminds me a bit of Joni Mitchell: lilting, hushed, tender. I wonder what she's feeling here, with her eyes closed. I guess some people just have things they love so much they can't help but close their eyes, and clutch their hands tightly, close to their hearts.

No comments: